October 2014 – present
- Tutor of Italian for adults at Varndean College (varndean.ac.uk)
May 2014 – July 2014
- Tutor of Italian for adults at PACA (paca.uk.com)
January 2012 – present
- Freelance teacher of Italian, translator.
May – November 2013
- Part-time “Research assistant” at European Social Network (esn-eu.org), Brighton. My main responsibility was to deal with their Italian members, find new Italian contacts and stay in touch with them. I was also in charge with translations from English to Italian and proofreading.
February – July 2012
- I volunteered at the “Friends Centre”, Brighton (friendscentre.org) as part of their admin staff. I most notably dealt with prospective volunteers’ applications. Assessing and filing all relevant data in both digital and printed format, along with exchanging emails and phone calls were among my key duties.
- Creative consultant for the production company “New Deal”, Rome (newdeal.to). My duties included submitting ideas for new formats and evaluating and improving projects submitted by other authors.
- Diario italico. Leo Brouwer & Guitart Quartet (s16mm, 33’); documentary on one of the most celebrated contemporary musicians; co-author and director. The DVD was released with Guitart, an international magazine of classical guitar (guitart.it).
- I tutored a 36-hour workshop by “Università degli Studi di Salerno” to postgraduate students about Erasmus and Lingua EU Programmes.
- “Linea d’Ombra”, V and VI International Film Festival, Salerno; assistant to the Artistic Director; author of the TV spot (festivalculturegiovani.it)
November 2000 — April 2001
- Web Content Manager of the Italian website of “Film Festivals”, one of the biggest and most visited film websites (filmfestivals.com).
Education and research
- PTLLS certificate (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector).
- “Ditals I” certificate, a qualification to teach Italian as a Foreign Language, issued by the prestigious “Università per Stranieri di Siena” (“University for Foreigners”, Siena).
February 1th, 2010 – March 4th, 2011
- Teaching training in a multilingual class of Italian as a Foreign Language (CEFR levels: A1-A2-B1) at “Università degli Studi di Salerno”, and at “Accademia italiana”, Salerno for a total amount of 290 hours.
- Articles in the field of Italian Studies, published in books and University reviews.
- Chairs of Italian Literature and Comparative Literature, University of Salerno; assistant lecturer, examiner, supervisor for graduation theses.
- Assistant to the Delegate of the Chancellor for the Erasmus Programme
- 3-year PhD in Italian Studies. Research title: “Italian writers and cinema in early 20th century”.
- 4-year BA (First Class Honours) in Modern Literature, University of Salerno.
October 1993 — April 1994
- “Erasmus” grant holder (University College London, Italian Department).
Other achievements and awards
2009 and 2012
- Two short stories published on a periodically issued collection of short stories, comically entitled «Toilet» (toilet.it). Despite its name, it’s a coveted publication, available in selected bookshops all over Italy.
- Mammaliturchi!, original screenplay for feature film. “Honourable Mention” at “Premio Solinas”, the most important Italian award for screenplays (premiosolinas.org); selected for the “European cinema and audiovisual days”, Turin, 18-19/11/2005 (europeandays.eu); the treatment was published on the four-monthly magazine «Plot. Stories for the screen» (n. 8/2006) (plotmagazine.eu)
- Il mercante d’uomini, original story for feature film; the treatment was published on «Plot» (n. 3/2004); also selected for the “European cinema and audiovisual days”, Turin, 18-20/11/2004.
- Indice di frequenza (s16mm, 15’), co-writer, co-director, producer. Short film featuring the famous Italian actor Alessandro Haber. Screened in several Italian and European festivals; broadcast by Studio Universal satellite channel.